Rubicon Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 02:01:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Forum users can use the crate icon (or [level] and [/level] tags) when writing a post, to make a direct link to a level.
5461 Posts in 238 Topics by 2430 Members
Latest Member: Shreyas
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Rubicon Forum
|-+  Playing the Game
| |-+  Custom Puzzle Levels (Moderator: Bucky)
| | |-+  TTTPPP's Puzzles
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: TTTPPP's Puzzles  (Read 18383 times)
jf
Director

View Profile
Re: TTTPPP's Puzzles
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2007, 11:34:25 PM »

My solution to Waiting for a fad to pass (nylabuv): lilegin happens to be exactly the same as jnz's gogoxyr. That was a tricky puzzle indeed.

(I also solved the version of Waiting... in Sly's Windows http://kevan.org/rubicon/forums/index.php/topic,277.msg3046.html#msg3046 in a different way, but I won't post that here, as it would be a spoiler to Sly's puzzle. My solution here will not work there, but that solution will work here. Sly's version has moved the 1 crate by one space.)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 11:47:01 PM by jf » Logged
TTTPPP
Designer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2007, 10:38:14 AM »

Ok, how about pocubeg?  Solves "8E8"
Awesome answer jnz!

Also I still like the other solution lilegin/gogoxyr.  I think it's more elegant than my solution.

I had a go at Sly's Windows too, but have't yet solved WFAFTP there (seems a lot harder with the crate moved very subtly!)

Also I've made a new puzzle.  It's not exactly a new idea, but I thought people might enjoy a bit of dozer directing.
Dozer Overtime hihuteb (solution ceculok).

PS. I cheated by making the solution first, so sorry if the puzzle is inadvertently hard!
jnz
Director

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2007, 07:52:08 PM »

My solution to Waiting for a fad to pass (nylabuv): lilegin happens to be exactly the same as jnz's gogoxyr.

Great minds think alike!  Smiley  Now, can you get better than 8E8?  With Sly's version I have something that runs slightly longer than my 8E8 solution but I haven't found anything better for the original puzzle.
sly
Designer

The Postal Service is the best band ever.

slyguy056
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2007, 08:32:45 AM »

Whew Dozer Overtime was a tough one! I like the idea as well as the way it was executed. Good job! I think with making the solution first here, you made it very limited to the amount of solutions possible (It was tough like you said), but my solution is basically the same as yours -_-

Anyway

for hihuteb : kegyhyr
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 12:18:21 PM by sly » Logged

Okay, think of a number. Now, scratch that number and think of 0. You're thinking of zero, right? FrEaKy
jf
Director

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2007, 06:18:53 PM »

For Dozer Overtime (hihuteb): kexovad.

That was a good puzzle! I found the 4 and 5 difficult, but I spent most of the time along the bottom. imageI was able to solve first F, by going over the top of the E box, then come underneath the F box and solve D and C, and then make it up to a second level above the D box carrying a 0-barrel, ready to come back to the E from the right and push it left, but I just could not land on the right of the 0-barrel. I spent a lot of time trying to make this sequence work, before finally abandoning it and finding the sequence I used in the solution. Here is the attempt that I just described in the spoiler: nypaboz, imagecollecting an extra barrel just to show it's possible. If anybody can figure out imagehow to get the dozer back to the left with a barrel, you have a different ending to the original puzzle.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 06:21:12 PM by jf » Logged
Rene
Director

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2007, 06:38:26 PM »

Here is my Dozer Overtime (hihuteb) solution: kedabum

A well-crafted puzzle  Smiley

My solution is very similar to the others. I spent a long time on the bottom, because I had another solution at first that almost worked. I gave up on that in the end, and then found this one quickly.

EDIT: looking at jf's nypaboz, that is exactly the kind of approach that I spent so much time on....  Sad
Here is my attempt: dubilus imagewhich does come back with the extra barrel that jf talks about, but it does not help. If you can get rid of the left over barrel on the right, you'll have another ending  Wink

« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 06:49:34 PM by Rene » Logged
TTTPPP
Designer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2007, 07:45:57 PM »

Wow!  I am very surprised to see three solutions almost identical to mine.  I completely underestimated how hard that would be!  Well done to everyone who solved it.

I've spent quite a bit of time looking at trying to get back up from the bottom in Dozer Overtime, and also at Sly's Windows (I've now solved the three bottom windows, and have pretty much given up on the top left and top right).

Also I've come up with a new puzzle.  I've been thinking about this for quite a while so I hope it's fun, and I also hope I haven't cut the creativity out too much with all the null spaces.  (Old version) Anyway here is "Under and Over" rodakax (Old version).

The new version is "Under and Over 2" zykybym (solution to both is dotugod).

The even newer version is "Under and Over 3" sumigut (solution still dotugod).
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 09:45:08 AM by TTTPPP » Logged
jnz
Director

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2007, 09:53:46 PM »

For Under and Over (rodakax): behevin.  It is a rather boring solution, I'm afraid.
sly
Designer

slyguy056
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2007, 12:11:30 AM »

Good puzzle. Smiley

for rodakax : bemises

Okay, think of a number. Now, scratch that number and think of 0. You're thinking of zero, right? FrEaKy
TTTPPP
Designer

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2007, 08:38:58 AM »

They're not boring solutions!  I forgot a few null squares though (about 6), and they're now added in:

"Under and Over 2" zykybym (solution dotugod, which was also my given answer to "Under and Over 1").

I've put jnz's solution on the front page for "Under and Over 1", as it was the first one (and because it's specifically for "Under and Over 1").

Edit - There's a new version - "Under and Over 3" sumigut (solution still dotugod).
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 09:46:02 AM by TTTPPP » Logged
sly
Designer

slyguy056
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2007, 08:53:41 AM »

I sudddenly realized how retarded I was when I thought to myself image"2 + 1 = 3? Holy crud! Why didn't I think of this before?" -_-

Anyway

for zykybym : cobytep
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 09:26:37 PM by sly » Logged

TTTPPP
Designer

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2007, 09:44:12 AM »

lol - Good work again sly!

So on a third attempt I have added a few more nulls in, and checked that section fairly thoroughly.

I present you with "Under and Over 3" sumigut (solution still dotugod).

Btw Sly - I think the section about 2+1=3 should be in a spoiler tag Wink
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 09:47:34 AM by TTTPPP » Logged
jnz
Director

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2007, 03:24:52 PM »

For Under and Over 3 (sumigut): nabysin.  It is basically the same as my previous solution except for the 6th lifter.
jf
Director

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2007, 07:47:50 PM »

For Under and Over rodakax: dydigeb.
sly
Designer

slyguy056
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2007, 09:49:57 PM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: