Rubicon Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 29, 2014, 02:15:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Undeletable components are now shaded blue when loading a level in.
5463 Posts in 238 Topics by 2430 Members
Latest Member: Shreyas
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Rubicon Forum
|-+  Playing the Game
| |-+  Custom Puzzle Levels (Moderator: Bucky)
| | |-+  Curly's Puzzles
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Print
Author Topic: Curly's Puzzles  (Read 43739 times)
curly
Engineer

View Profile
Re: Curly's Puzzles
« Reply #195 on: November 08, 2013, 07:14:42 PM »

YES! Finally found a solution to Shelf Stacker (kanubem): manubeb

I had a lot of trouble with the bottom shelfs. As you can see, I had to resolve to an ugly special case solution for that.
I am eager to see your solution now, Curly!

I just discovered the shift-Play to fast forward option from your link on colcolpicle's page and I was replaying a few old levels to watch it super fast and randomly discovered a bug in your manubeb solution to my Shelf Stacker.  Screenshot at https://www.dropbox.com/s/k7ubiz5xztlyju0/manubeb%20bug.png.  I've played it through about 20 times and only had the one failure.

Which reminds me, a useful enhancement would be if you could click on a Random Crate ? and paste in a pre-defined sequence for it to follow instead of having it produce random crates.  This would allow thorough "unit testing" of the various edge cases.
Werbad
Director

jonas_88_rehn@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #196 on: November 08, 2013, 09:57:02 PM »

Finally managed to solve shelf stacker:
For Shelf Stacker (kanubem): defucyg

This setup would not have worked if I hadn't noticed that imagethe dozers delay the crate stream by 1 tick when they return after delivering the crate, which was needed for the next dozer to pick the correct crate.
curly
Engineer

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 09, 2013, 12:34:39 AM »

Finally managed to solve shelf stacker:
For Shelf Stacker (kanubem): defucyg

This setup would not have worked if I hadn't noticed that imagethe dozers delay the crate stream by 1 tick when they return after delivering the crate, which was needed for the next dozer to pick the correct crate.

Very elegant solution.
Rene
Director

View Profile Email
« Reply #198 on: November 16, 2013, 05:50:33 PM »

I just discovered the shift-Play to fast forward option from your link on colcolpicle's page and I was replaying a few old levels to watch it super fast and randomly discovered a bug in your manubeb solution to my Shelf Stacker.  Screenshot at https://www.dropbox.com/s/k7ubiz5xztlyju0/manubeb%20bug.png.  I've played it through about 20 times and only had the one failure.

I found the problem, and solved it: lazadyr. It should indeed be very rare that the problem occurs.

The cause is actually a difference in timing between the copier and the downward pipe, which shows up in combination with a door, see cozedyb. This is a breach of the Rubicon Laws of Physics that I don't think I have seen before, and the first one in a long time.
curly
Engineer

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 17, 2013, 05:08:43 AM »

I found the problem, and solved it: lazadyr. It should indeed be very rare that the problem occurs.

The cause is actually a difference in timing between the copier and the downward pipe, which shows up in combination with a door, see cozedyb. This is a breach of the Rubicon Laws of Physics that I don't think I have seen before, and the first one in a long time.

The pipe behaves the same as gravity, whereas the copier isn't copying if there was a trapdoor below it on the previous tick....but only if the trapdoor was created from the right! gikacav
ais523
Designer

View Profile Email
« Reply #200 on: November 23, 2013, 02:03:35 AM »

Cool.  Now try:

Traffic Counter with Speed Limit begisok
jagegyz is my solution. (Haven't looked at the others yet.)
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: