Rubicon Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2014, 12:19:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Forum users can use the crate icon (or [level] and [/level] tags) when writing a post, to make a direct link to a level.
5463 Posts in 238 Topics by 2430 Members
Latest Member: Shreyas
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Rubicon Forum
|-+  General
| |-+  Support (Moderator: Bucky)
| | |-+  my wishlist
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: my wishlist  (Read 18002 times)
20eight
Engineer

View Profile
my wishlist
« on: November 24, 2006, 04:04:38 PM »

my basic wishlist (socks, matchbox cars, etc):

mirror image of a packer (sum produced on the left)
mirror image of an unpacker (difference produced on the left)
mirror image of a gate (larger numbers move to the left)

my hopeful-but-not-so-expectant wishlist (bicycle, trampoline, etc.):

slow-motion play mode
a single-use pipe (sort of a hybrid between a winch and a pipe)
barrel with a value of -1
barrel with a value of G = (F+1)

my really-pushing-it wishlist (motocross bike, pony, etc.):

extra-powerful conveyors that carry dozers too
portable furnaces (moved with conveyors and dozers)
direction-specific door keys
turn signal that works from below the dozer
an extensive database to track puzzles & solutions
« Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 05:42:57 PM by 20eight » Logged
MagiMaster
Engineer

View Profile
Re: my wishlist
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2006, 06:22:53 PM »

How would -1 and G be useful?  Adding F is the same as adding -1, and adding G is the same as adding 0...

Edit: Since this is a wishlist: The only piece I've been thinking of would be a boulder (or whatever you want to call it) that could be moved by gravity, conveyors and dozers but not by pipes, copiers, winches, etc.  (I don't know how it'd react to furnaces, etc. though.)  It wouldn't really allow anything new though (just smaller solutions to existing puzzles), but it might be interesting.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 06:25:48 PM by MagiMaster » Logged
Bucky
Director

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 06:33:42 PM »

While, we're that far out there, how about a super-furnace that destroys adjacent dozers, and a super-copier that can copy dozers?  Or a gate-like object that splits crates from barrels?  Or an inverse door key that has a door below it until you put something on top of it?

Or how about just programming door keys to be symmetrical?

That is the most ingenious method of solving an impossible puzzle that I have ever seen.
20eight
Engineer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2006, 05:01:02 PM »

The -1 barrel, when placed below a gate, would cause everything (even a 0) to roll to the right.  And the G barrel, well... now that I think about it...wouldn't really do anything.
MagiMaster
Engineer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2006, 06:21:34 PM »

Oh.  I see.  I wonder if there isn't a way of doing that without adding new barrels though?
Nic
Operator

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2006, 12:20:21 AM »

Random crates/barrels, maaaaybe?  The handling would be hell though.

-1 barrel would be just fine, I guess.  The problem is whether or not it should be producable.
sluutthefeared
Designer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2006, 12:03:54 AM »

A -1 and "G" barrel sound a bit silly to me, but I've often wanted different versions of the gate. Rather than <= I've often needed just a <, or wanted the greater number to fall to the left. But I suppose getting passed the limitations of the components is often the fun of the puzzles.
lopsidation
Operator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2007, 11:26:26 PM »

We already have a -1 barrel and crate: the ? Grin
When you put it below a gate, with a copier below it so it stays ?, everything (even 0) rolls to the left! When you add/subtract it, though, it acts as a 0.
While we're on the wishlist topic, I would want to be able to have more than one physics model in one level, so a fast packer and a slow packer could be right next to each other. I like the idea of new gates too, but nothing more than that or the bottom of the screen where the parts are would have to be
huge
Bucky
Director

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2007, 11:46:03 PM »

Kevan can delete two current components with no loss of function;  The Red and Green Target Matchers revert to blank matchers when the machine runs.

That is the most ingenious method of solving an impossible puzzle that I have ever seen.
Hyenas Here
Designer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2007, 09:48:21 PM »

The only thing on my wishlist is Sideways Pipes:

"Leftward Pipe" and "Rightward Pipe".
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 10:32:55 PM by Hyenas Here » Logged
Gameman
Designer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2007, 11:28:40 AM »

How about as side copier? that could be really useful...

Yugioh duel; i play exodia, you lose. Nope, I play Rubicon contractor! *gets run over by dozer pushing a 4 crate*
hatkirby
Designer

I'M A GIRL

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2007, 11:42:17 AM »

http://kevan.org/rubicon/forums/index.php/topic,282.0.html

Rubiwin has (in the way of new pieces) Sideways Pipes, Sideways Copiers, Special Copiers that copy anything, Super Furnaces that destroy anything, Bombs that explode (turn into Super Furnaces for 1 tick) when they fall into Furnaces, Detonators that explode all bombs when a block falls onto them, Portals that when a block falls into one, it comes out of all the others, and Anti-Gravity Devices which reverse the gravity effect for that column (can be blocked by a Girder).

If you take four, and then add four, and then take away, add, subtract, add, add, multiply by, subtract, raise to the power of, divide by, and add four, and then find the reciprocal, what do you get? Of course, it's obviously 0.058823529411764705882352941176471! Duhhh!

Four is the answer to all!
sly
Designer

The Postal Service is the best band ever.

slyguy056
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2007, 11:10:10 PM »

You'll think I'm crazy but I think rubicon is perfect the way it is. Adding any more things would make it too easy and remove uses for somethings, like, if there wre sideways pipes, you ould be able to move a barrel wherever you wanted without any effort and the same would be for teleporters n such. It's hard on purpose. And without the hardness, would you still play it? Probably, but it wouldn't be as fun.

Okay, think of a number. Now, scratch that number and think of 0. You're thinking of zero, right? FrEaKy
hatkirby
Designer

I'M A GIRL

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2007, 06:39:16 AM »

That's a nice philosophy. I'm not changing Rubicon, I'm just providing a stand-alone version of it with some new pieces. If anyone is annoyed by this, I'll delete the topic because I'm not forcing you to play it.

If you take four, and then add four, and then take away, add, subtract, add, add, multiply by, subtract, raise to the power of, divide by, and add four, and then find the reciprocal, what do you get? Of course, it's obviously 0.058823529411764705882352941176471! Duhhh!

Four is the answer to all!
sly
Designer

The Postal Service is the best band ever.

slyguy056
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2007, 08:41:45 AM »

No no no, My opinion isn't directed at you or anyone, just at the idea of changing the actual game that everyone has made levels for. Don't delete the topic I like the game.

Okay, think of a number. Now, scratch that number and think of 0. You're thinking of zero, right? FrEaKy
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: